Committee for the Convention against Torture (CAT) refuses my ‘Complaint’!
Subject: Individual complaint against Netherlands from Hans Smedema
After careful consideration of the contents of your petition (communication / complaint), we sincerely regret having to inform you that the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights is not in a position to assist you in the matter you raise, for the reasons indicated :
Considering your petition under the CONVENTION AGAINST TORTURE:
6. The object of your petition falls outside the scope of the relevant treaty.
Please accept our apologies for not replying in a more personal manner. You may understand that, while we appreciate your reasons for writing to us, the existing procedures require that it is ascertained whether certain preliminary criteria are satisfied before proceeding with the examination of a petition.
For information about the procedures for the examination of individual petitions on human rights violations, please consult our website: www.ohchr.org, direct link: http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/petitions/index.htm.
Petitions Unit (Unité des requêtes)
Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Genève 10
- Netherlands could have kept my case outside the treaty? It started in 1973, so before this treaty? But still ongoing?
- Wrong decision by the CAT? Must be nonsense?
- Individual is perhaps not included by the Dutch? Then only another state can ask for it?
- Judge Rex Ford in Miami confirmed it was torture, but needed more proof the Government was behind this! Not enough proof?
- The Judge from CTIVD also confirmed it was ‘Violation of Human Rights’. So other convention?
- When this is not Torture, Mistreatment and ‘Degrading treatment’ is, then what is?
- No motivation of their reasoning!
- My title ‘Fighting the Unknown’ looks perfect again!
No Lawyer is crucial again!
Without a good Lawyer about ‘Human Rights’ this case will be difficult to solve.
Also is crucial that the Dutch Government hides all information about my case. Without knowing which documents and laws are behind this conspiracy, it is almost impossible to fight it.
Only a force from outside the Netherlands, will be able to fight and force the Dutch to stop this torture.
Another case with the European Court of Human Rights’ looks to be the best.
Copyright 2010 Hans Smedema, Parcent (Alicante), Spain