Broward Transitonal Centre Pompano Beach Florida
After arriving on Miami airport on April 20th 2009 I was taken by 4 border agents and told to make a request at the airport or lose all rights. I did ask for Asylum and had to make sworn statement. I gave my application I-589 for Asylum based on mistreatment in the Netherlands.
- no Internet, all outside contacts denied, some visitors were allowed, but I had nobody outside
- not enough phones or working phones, and without money for a phonecard at first and no number to call useless also, took me ten days to warn my wife I was in a prison through a nice social worker
- no access to my own large and complex files, so I could not defend myself better in court
- no use of my own computer laptop with all Dutch files
- no help at all
- only the Judge Rex Ford asked professional to the point questions about this exceptional case, in the Netherlands nobody ever did or came close to that level!
- mostly treated without any respect at all, but some guards were nicer and really trying but could do nothing mostly
- put in handcuffs and foot-shackles and brought to a psychiatrist who declared me psychotic in 15 minutes, without ever talking to me about my case. He must have had Dutch files, but didn’t tell me that crucial fact. I could have told him the proof I have that I am not psychotic, but the victim of an unbelievable conspiracy by the Dutch Government(The Dutch Watergate) together with severe suppression and amnesia for 28 years. Also that I came for Asylum just for getting help in breaking the conspiracy!
- no access to my bank-accounts, so I could not pay my wife or Visa-card which was canceled later while having a lot of money in the bank.
- no possibility to ask permission from my insurance company to be abroad for more than 3 months, causing them to stop paying our only insurance income! Cost me 10.000 euro!
- having only a few calls to my wife who had a nervous breakdown and no money in the Netherlands being sick with her double personality!
- being among and treated like other illegal detainees, although I came legal and never did anything wrong! Asking for Asylum is a crime in the USA?
- being with only 10 white people between immigrants who were nicer than most of the staff or guards. Never saw anything of Florida and are banned from USA for 10 years after deportation.
- Defenseless and helpless without my files and a lawyer who didn’t understand completely what was happening and left me simply sit there for almost 7 months without warning Amnesty International or journalists.
- Paul Bremer and Government didn’t respond to questions from Judge and lawyer about CIA and Al Rust case which proofed my case also!
- A Lybrarian mrs. Balde Bataille charged me with a false and fraudulent accusation of having grabbed her and her ID. She also deleted my complaint against her on a computer and floppy disc. Management did nothing to prevent this! I could not file the complaint and lawyer refused to do so also! He did talk to police about it.
- Only 4 hours of time for legal research and computer time for documents a week! You have 5, but one day is needed for ‘Banking’. Only 50$ a week maximum.
- Anyone getting in this place is defenseless, unless someone outside helps him and has enough knowledge about the case.
- A lawyer Linda Osberg asked me 20 to 50.000 US$. Another one ‘Otris’ wanted 2000$ upfront, no problem but which is impossible without access to your bank account of course! With only 10 minutes for phone calls if you can get to a social worker, it is in fact almost impossible to find a good lawyer. You need internet and many outside contacts for that! Which is not allowed. Only people with outside help could do something to free themselves. Finally got a lawyer when he was helping another inmate.
All this can ONLY mean, that America has chosen to work with the Dutch conspiracy against the victims of this Dutch Queengate scandal. Average 2 hours waiting in large lines for food, being mistreated by ‘Guards’ who assume you have done illegal things and have to be mistreated for doing so. No fruit except on Sunday, and simple but good food. To much organ meat caused attack the gout for over a week.
The fact that America and CIA didn’t open their files for me, meant I was not welcome. So I waived my right to appeal and left as fast as I could the USA!
I feel sorry for all those immigrants who are many times mistreated, although for some it is heaven itself. Mexicans make sure they are caught sometimes, get free food en a free ticket home, and are back in the USA in three weeks as they told me. After 25 years in the USA, they are simply deported back to Jamaica, or Mexico, or any country. After paying taxes for many years and some even coming legal into the USA but not being able to get certain documents.
All those stories are breathtaking! One woman tried to kill herself by hanging and many chose for deportation, because it is the only way to leave this country asap. Here my face when I left and without a shaver, trying to look as bad as possible!
It may look strange, but this judge Rex Ford was very helpful and sincere in my case. Never have I had a better judge in the Netherlands! In fact he is the ONLY one to listen to my unbelievable story and give even some advice! Deportation must have been because both the Dutch and American government refused to open their files! In fact keeping crucial evidence from a Judge! In most countries a severe crime!
Hans Smedema Copyright 2009 Hans Smedema, Drachten Netherlands